About the new centre
The centre will:
- Offer support to people diagnosed with cancer, their families, carers, and friends.
- Help anyone who feels they have been affected by cancer at any time – no matter how long ago they were diagnosed, or when they had their treatment.
- Offer individual, family and bereavement support.
- Offer help, advice, and support without the need for clinical referrals.
The centre will also offer:
- Services to wider communities throughout the North East via our education and awareness events and programmes.
- Programmes for schools, colleges, community groups and local businesses, including cancer awareness, education, and advice around lifestyle cancer implications, healthy living, prevention, signs and symptoms, early diagnosis, screening and treatment processes.
- Local community services including a coffee shop, charity/gift shop, crèche and children’s facilities, teen area, function and event rooms, meeting rooms, fitness suite, craft room and much more!